Crypto Valley reaffirms its standing as the most mature global blockchain hub with a record 2021 valuation of its Top 50 companies at over half a trillion USD ($611.8bn), boasting fourteen Unicorns. The new CV VC Top 50 Report 2021 shows that Crypto Valley, which includes Switzerland and Liechtenstein, is flourishing because of an exemplary regulatory jurisdiction, a determined decentralized mindset, and an all-encompassing favorable business environment.
- Top 50 valuation is $611.8bn, an increase of 464% since the end of 2020 demonstrating that Crypto Valley continues to be the globally preferred jurisdiction for substantive projects and the hub of choice for disruptors who are changing the way the world interacts and transacts
- Unicorn count has nearly doubled at fourteen, including a Hectocorn ($100bn+) and three Decacorns ($10bn+)
- As a world leader in progressive regulation, Switzerland enacted its DLT law in August 2021, giving a solid legal foundation for the issuance of digital securities and establishing the globally leading license for Digital Securities Trading Facilities
- Due to the regulatory clarity, firms are racing to establish in Switzerland because they know where they stand
- Zug, with 528 companies, continues to be the epicenter of Crypto Valley which in 2021 surpassed more than 1,100 blockchain companies (1,128)
- 6000 employees work directly in crypto and blockchain companies, thousands more work for and with these companies remotely across the globe
World-first in regulatory excellence, corporate and legal talent, well-experienced service providers, crypto-friendly banks, and academic institutions, two of which are ranked in the top 10 worldwide, continue to drive Crypto Valley’s growth.
The CV VC Top 50 Report 2021 is a periodical analysis of the top 50 best-performing companies in Crypto Valley, based on market valuation, funding, and the number of employees. The report, now in its seventh edition, is produced in collaboration with PwC.
More information: Insights (cvvc.com)