The latest edition of the CV VC Top 50 Study shows that companies based in Crypto Valley in the Zug region are continuing to grow and thrive. The number of companies increased to 960, with around 5200 employees.
The study, now in its fifth edition, is prepared by the investment company Crypto Valley Venture Capital (CV VC) in collaboration with Strategy& from PWC and the IT partner inacta, and provides ia fascinating insight into current events in Crypto Valley and beyond. Key figures from this year's edition include:
- Crypto Valley Top 50 companies are valued at $254.9bn in total.
- Total Funding of the Top 50 companies reached $3.7bn.
- Total number of firms in Crypto Valley is 960.
- Total number of people employed by blockchain companies in Crypto Valley, which includes Switzerland and Liechtenstein, has increased to 5,184. The Top 50 companies employ 819 employees in Crypto Valley.
- Cryptomarkets continued a dramatic rise at the beginning of 2021, and the valuation of the Crypto Valley Top 50 increased 680% to $254.9bn from $37.5bn (previous report).
- Crypto Valley now counts 11 Unicorns (i.e. projects valued at more than $1bn,) up from 6 in the previous report.
More information: CV VC - Top 50